By Lisa Kettell
Wood laser cutouts are all over the place. From crafts, home decor to fashion. This year we are ringing in the New Year with with sugary sweet sentiments like these Typography Necklaces. Made with wood cutouts, paint, jump rings, jewelry hole punch, chain and Beacon Fast Finish Decoupage!
This project is so fun to make and takes only a minutes to make. So lets get started.
- Beacon Adhesives Fast Finish Decoupage
- Laser cut wood name ( I used “sugar” and ‘sweet”)- Most craft stores carry these.
- Ready made 18 inch jewelry chains w/clasp
- Jump rings, 6mm
- Acrylic paint (I used cream, peach and aqua), Deco Art
- Jewelry drill puncher, 0.9 and 0.6 holes, Advantus Corp
- Tools: needle nose pliers, paint brush, pencil
Paint your laser cut wood names with colors of choice, let dry a few minutes. Then apply two coats of fast finish decoupage. Let dry between coats. A few minutes
Flip the laser cut wood name over so the wording is in reverse. With a pencil mark a hole on each end of the laser cut wood name.
Insert the laser cut wood name into the jewelry drill punch, line up with the marked holes and twist using the 0.9 drill punch.
Open up the ready made chain at the center using needle nose pliers, Attach the open chain to the laser cut wood names using jump rings. Now your necklace is ready to wear.
Try doing names instead of sayings. You could also apply a coat of Beacon Adhesives Glitter It or Coat & Create to the wood, let set and cover with glitter. Apply Beacon Adhesives Gem Tac and rhinestones for some bling.
Stay tuned for more projects. Remember to Be Creative and Be A Beacon!