One of our most in demand industrial adhesives is MAGNA-TAC E-645®, a two-part, thermosetting epoxy that bonds stack laminations used in stators, rotors, gyros, synchros, and transformers. Magna-Tac E-645® is also used extensively as an insulating varnish for impregnating coils and small electrical equipment and as an adhesive/dielectric in magnetic accelerator units.
MAGNA-TAC E-645® is resistant to many solvents, water, and atmospheric and temperature changes and is particularly well suited to mass production processing and bonding large surface areas. Once mixed, Magna-Tac E-645® is convenient to apply by brushing, spraying, dipping, roller coating or, for very small parts, through a hypodermic syringe.
MAGNA-TAC E-645® is the adhesive of choice for these types of applications for the following reasons:
- Achieves firm bonds either by room temperature or by heat curing.
- Needs only sufficient pressure to assume complete contact.
- Can be applied in small amounts to create a strong bond that resists shear stress.
- Maintains excellent mechanical strength.
- Resistant to many solvents, water, and atmospheric and temperature changes.
- Is highly adaptable to diverse industry uses including mass production processing.
- Compressive strength is approximately 60,000 psi.
- Demonstrates excellent metal-to-metal adhesion.
- Is not conducive to fungus growth after curing.
For more tips on Magna-Tac E-645® application tips see our article here.
Please visit our web site at www.beaconadhesives.com or give us a call at 914-699-3400 if you have any questions about our product line or would like to receive technical information or an Magna-Tac E-645® or any other Beacon adhesive.